Tuesday, January 14, 2014

my best friend is you

Hello loves! I haven't posted in awhile, mainly because I've been lacking ideas for posts. I'm really trying to keep up on this though so here I am! 

I actually received a little inspiration tonight when I glanced up at the bulletin board in my room and saw my Kate Nash concert ticket from last year.


If you haven't heard of her, or heard her music, you should probably stop reading this now and go look her up. It's not just her music I love, (which I first fell for whilst listening to a Regina Spektor Pandora radio station), but I love the things that she stands for. She is a strong, positive woman and a great influence to females young and old. She is not afraid to stand up for what she believes in or what she wants, and although many people claim to be this way, few actually are. So many women in the music industry today conform to the standards of society, and frankly it's a tad boring. Kate Nash is fun, quirky, and a woman of her own. She is an inspiration to me.

I'm totally about to sound a bit fan-girl-nerd-like buuuuut last year I tweeted about getting tickets to her show from my boyfriend for Valentine's Day (who by the way knows I'm in love with her so it's ok!) and I don't even think it was an hour later that she favorited my tweet and then started following me on Twitter! Needless to say, even though I think twitter is one of the most boring things ever, I can't delete it now.

Also, we've sort of had a conversation before. One of my lovely but loud-mouthed BFF's decided to shout to Kate at the concert (we were right in front of the stage) that my boyfriend lives in England (she's from London so it was something to bond over maybe????) and she looked at me and said "Your boyfriend lives in England?", I got all nervous/excited and just nodded, and then she said "Oh shit giiiirl". 
Maybe one of the best moments of my life? 

Anyways, I just wanted to say how awesome she is and that everyone should check her out!


Ain't she a beaut?

Photo taken by me at The Pyramid Scheme in Grand Rapids, Michigan on March 17, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback, loves! x