Well, in lieu of my 26th birthday coming up this week, I've decided to create a list of 27 things I'd like to do/see/accomplish/etc. before I turn 27 (which, unless 2015 is a leap year, will be on Friday the 13th).
1. Attend at least one photography workshop at Fountain Hill Studio & Workshops.
2. Shoot at least 27 rolls of film. I really want to say 270, but that sounds very expensive, and alas, I am not rich.
3. Read 27 NEW books. I don't necessarily mean new releases, I mean new-to-me books. I've developed this problem of continuously going back to books I've already read and re-reading them because I loved them so much.
4. Limit screen time. This is vague, so to be specific, I will aim to no longer have looking at my phone be the first thing I do in the morning or the last thing I do at night.
5. Make new friends. As I've gotten older and since I've become a mom, I've had many friends slip away. I don't need tons of acquaintances, I just want more real friends.
6. Spend more time with old friends.
7. Begin to pay off my debt. I've been lucky thus far to not have to take much out in student loans, but I should begin paying them back now. It probably wouldn't hurt to pay off my credit card, either!
8. Save, save, save. I am finally beginning to value the importance of saving money and I am working hard to bulk up that account in preparation of whatever the future holds.
9. Eat less sugar. It's a problem.
10. Cook more meals. I'm getting better at this but could still do more! It's hard trying to keep up with cooking when you work second shift more than half the week.
11. Spend more one-on-one time with Ari. No phones, no TVs, nothing.
12. Get a new tattoo. Which is already scheduled to happen in January!
13. Drink more water. I do really well with this in the summer and then cold weather creeps in and it gets way harder. But it's such an important thing to do!
14. See more plays. I saw a play last night for the first time in I can't even remember how long, and it was pretty good! Going to plays can be fun. So I want to go to more.
15. Finish reading the first Harry Potter book to my dad (did you really think this list would end without H.P. being mentioned at least once??).
16. Leave the house on time!
17. Spend more time trying to learn French. I had the Duolingo app on my phone for awhile but deleted it. I'll download it again and see if there are other easily accessible ways to learn the language.
18. Do at least one documentary/photojournalism shoot. THIS would be amazing. If there were no other factors involved, I'd pick up and leave now and just travel and travel and travel and shoot and shoot and shoot... So maybe I can start small.
19. Make a YouTube video... 0_o
20. Help someone in need. I don't know who, yet, but there will be someone.
21. See the Northern Lights.
22. Invest in a new camera lens or maybe a new 35mm film camera.
23. Volunteer somewhere.
24. See a psychic. I have no idea why but this sounds so fun to me. I'm superstitious but wouldn't take it very seriously (probably).
25. Plant something.
26. Host a dinner party.
27. Leave a 100% tip. You know, for that server (or whoever) is really wonderful.
Here's to 26!