Wednesday, December 25, 2013

melting snowmen cookies

Alright, so yet another Pinterest project that I tried... and I think I did pretty ok here! I thought these cookies were adorable and looked fun to make for the holidays so I thought I'd share how it's done. They're super easy (and I can barely cook)!

First, you'll need sugar cookies. Feel free to make your own but I didn't have time so I decided the easy-bake Pillsbury kind were perfect. 


Bake these and then let them cool. If you're unfamiliar with baking, this part is pretty important, as the frosting won't spread well if they're too warm. 


Next up, gather all the supplies you'll need for the decorating! I bought the following items:

Whipped vanilla frosting (doesn't have to be whipped)
Jet-puffed marshmallows (not minis)
Cookie icing in black and orange (I couldn't find black so I got chocolate)
More cookie icing in your choice of colors (I went with red, blue, green, and purple)
White sparkle sprinkles (powdered sugar is a good alternative!)


Now that the cookies are cooled, frost them!


After frosting, we get to the fun part. 
Take the marshmallows on stick one on each cookie, a bit off-center.


Now my favorite part -- putting the faces on! (My chocolate icing was a bit runny, so when it started creating droopy Frosty faces I'd pop it in the freezer for a few minutes.)


Once you have all the faces done, you get to create the scarves! 


Last but not least, sprinkle on some snow!!


Cookies complete! 
Thanks for reading! 
Enjoy! 
-ted x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback, loves! x