Friday, December 20, 2013

hem


As of late, I have been slowly but surely making my way through the fiction piece entitled
"The Paris Wife". As a book lover, I have thought time and time again
about reading Hemingway, but I have yet to do it. 
This novel by Paula McLain I think has pushed me to being ready to take on Ernest. 

The language of this book is absolutely brilliant.
Short, simple, to the point. Not overly wordy.
Yet... She manages to create such real, raw emotion throughout.

Three-quarters through, I find myself yearning to know more about Hadley and Ernest. 
Paris in the 1920's: magical on the outside, devastating on the in.

I find myself living vicariously through this story. I don't want it to end.
When it does, because we all know at some point it will,
I will start on "The Old Man and the Sea", 
by Hemingway himself.

-ted x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the feedback, loves! x